Saturday, August 14, 2010

Pictures are funny.  those seconds that you were smiling, crying, laughing or talking. the moments you posed. pretended to smile. pretended for 3 seconds you were happy, for what? to have a picture, to hang on a wall. hang up the lies on the walls, looking back at the time, you remember you really weren't happy at all. you were aching inside. breaking inside. why do we keep on saying cheese. what's there to smile about?
i thought this to myself  a few weeks ago, but never posted it. i was going through my drafts and thought i'd publish this. but i have one thing to add, i need to.. answer my own question.

what's there to smile about? well. theres you, my family, my health, my home, my friends, food, photography, paper, pencils, kittens, summer, mistakes. my whole life. theres been a couple of obstacles but i should smile, cause i've made it so far.

No comments: