Thursday, December 2, 2010

I just had to tell you, I'm sorry you think I changed over the year. I'm sorry I'm not still depressed and reliant on you. I'm sorry I'm happy. I'm sorry I'm ok without you.

I hate that you still don't understand me. I hate that just hearing your name breaks my heart all over again. I hate that I can't tell if you're thinking about me as much as I think about you. I hate looking at your sweater in the closet, and not allowing myself to put it on, even when I'm freezing at night. I hate dreaming of you, then waking up. I hate the fact that you think I'm not hurt. I hate thinking I hear your voice. I hate when it rains. I hate those songs from the time we danced in the snow. I hate marshmallows. I hate raspberries. I hate that in a few days time, it will be the day we were waiting for, so long. I hate that that day, means nothing now.  I hate that you aren't mine.

If you think I changed you're 100% right. I have. I wake up every morning and I'm excited that I'm alive. I look in the mirror and I'm proud of myself. I dug myself out of the ditch I threw myself in last summer.

No thanks to you, I'm okay. I'm sorry if I'm not the girl you fell in love with. But for once I'm putting myself first. The same thing you did the entire time.

No comments: